Tuesday 3 May 2011

Blackpool... and a plea for help!

So, I went to BU Assembly, hoping to encourage lots of new people to come along to Leading Edge this year.
On the one hand, I was really encouraged by the positive comments and support received from those people I spoke with... Leading Edge is, without doubt, highly valued!

On the flip side, I was a tad fummoxed by the number of people who still claim not to have even HEARD about LE. I sort of know why... to many busy church leaders and secretaries, LE publicity is just another piece of unsolicited advertising, I know I've opened envelopes and consigned contents to the file marked B (bin!)

I've been looking at numbers (and here's where you can help) - so far this year, we're about 100 bookings down on this time last year. NOW, we were late starting because of all the debates about the future, AND we're not out to make a huge profit BUT we really need to break even. I reckon, that in order to do that we need about another 400 people to book!!!

I'm usually pretty bad at booking early - I think about it, put it on the pile, meaning to do it, but it usually ends up buried somewhere until timing is critical...
Late in July, we'll look at bookings and think about LE 2012. I don't believe it would be right for the planning group to make decisions about next year, based on people being last minute this year!

So, over to you... get your ENCOURAGING boots on - well, you know what I mean - newbies, oldies, pretty much any-bies.
If your pastor/minister has never been before, I will send them a voucher for a major discount to encourage them to try LE out (with a view to returning with the church next time, of course.. hehe)
If every person currently booked persuaded ONE person, we'd be almost there, besides, isn't there something vaguely scriptural about nothing being impossible with God? ;)

I'll be at my desk, awaiting the deluge of post!!!

Blessings and free hugs (see the Light Project web page for details)

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know that whilst I can't be there this year I intend to be next year and may even be bringing friends next year (however she's due to give birth LE week this year, lol)

    ReplyDelete